Veneers – Hamden, CT
Disguise Your Smile’s Imperfections
Straight, white teeth without any noticeable flaws can help you give a great first impression and bolster your
confidence. Unfortunately, millions of people are plagued by imperfections in their teeth that make them
self-conscious. If that is true of you, we invite you to visit New Haven Dental Group in Hamden for a cosmetic
consultation. After we learn about your goals and unique circumstances, we may recommend that you receive veneers in
Why Choose New Haven Dental Group for Veneers?
- Treatment Tailored to Your Specifications
- Highly Experienced Dental Team
- Transform Your Teeth in as Few as Two Appointments
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are ultra-thin pieces of porcelain or ceramic that a cosmetic dentist in Hamden permanently attaches
to the outward-facing side of teeth. Because they are designed uniquely for each individual patient, they can look
incredibly natural. They have the potential to last for decades and are highly resistant to stains.
Veneers are able to hide numerous aesthetic flaws in teeth, including:
- Discoloration (including tough stains that normal whitening products cannot address)
- Chips and cracks
- Asymmetrical teeth
- Teeth that appear too small (either too short or too narrow)
- Minor misalignment
- Small gaps between the teeth
The Process of Getting Veneers
Here is an overview of what you can expect during the veneers process:
- We will evaluate your candidacy for veneers and answer any questions you may have about the treatment. We may
also recommend that you get your teeth whitened prior to receiving veneers.
- We must remove a sliver of enamel from the teeth so the veneers do not make your smile look bulky or unnatural.
Then, we will take some impressions and give you temporary veneers to protect your teeth while a dental
laboratory creates your permanent ones.
- When your permanent veneers arrive in our dental office, we will double-check their fit. Then, we will
permanently attach them to your teeth.
The Benefits of Veneers
Some of the most noteworthy benefits of veneers include:
- Veneers are a versatile treatment. They can hide a range of flaws, and we can select the right
number of veneers for each unique patient.
- We carefully select the color of the veneers so they blend in well with a patient’s
facial features and natural teeth.
- The porcelain reflects light similarly to natural tooth enamel, which means onlookers may have
no idea that you have had some cosmetic dental work done.
- Porcelain is nonporous, which means that it is highly resistant to stains.
- If you care well for your veneers, they are likely to last for 15 years or longer before
replacement becomes necessary.
- Caring for veneers is simple. As long as you maintain excellent oral hygiene and avoid habits
that could damage the porcelain (such as chewing on ice), you can expect your veneers to stand the test of